Common Teal Female Head Study



Over the years I have received many queries as to why I prefer black and white over color.

For me there is no preference as such however I wish to create good quality works with easily available materials. It could be a 2b pencil or a fountain pen, or Reynolds (BIC pen). I would like to challenge myself working with limited resource. During the lockdown have been working with ink and pen for two months when most of the stationary shops are shutdown and so are most of the online stores. Creating is vital part of every artist, if they stop creating then a part of them dies. It would be really difficult to get to the same level of mastery and one has to begin from the scratch again.

Creating is important, whether small or big, good or bad. Creating everyday is utmost important for every artist. Being consistent and thriving to excel at the next work is essential.

Have been working with the Pentel brushpen for about two months now, great quality bristles and smooth application on the paper. It responds well on smoother paper. Ink I have been using Sheaffer black ink for more than 6 years now, strong pigment and value for the price.

Title: Common Teal Female Head Study (Anas crecca)
Brush pen on Paper study sketch
Spiral Sketchbook 26.5x26.5 cms, 220 GSM
Location: Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary,Rajasthan,India
Duration: 12 Hours
May 16th 2020
Reference: Own Image

Comments

Solluna Resort said…
Thats a very nice blog. Do check out my blog on -

Resort in Corbett