Young Nature Artist!

Ganesh K Bhat at this studio


In January 2020 I met up with Ganesh at the Artists for Wildlife and Nature's annual show. 
In our very first meeting he impressed me with his enthusiasm for nature art. 
At his age, some of us wouldn’t have heard about nature art, forget making art. 
I feel the encouragement at home and the technology has a significant role in building this young artist. 

The exposure to many exceptional artists and their work online surely inspires us all in this era of technology.

I threw up few questions to this young artist to know more about him and his art. Let us hear from him about his journey and what are his plans.

Prasad: Hi Ganesh, so how did your artistic journey begin? Tell us more about it?

This is Ganesh K Bhat. I started out when I was 6 years old. In grade 1, I got to watch animated movies. Inspired by those movies, I drew. 
My father encouraged me to make more art. He is an artist, and I got inspired watching him draw. 
I followed my dad’s footstep and started sketching animated characters. That was the start of my artistic journey.

Prasad: Impressive, drawing from when you were 6 is no child’s play. Please let us more about you, your education, your parents and other interests.

Bangalore is where I stay at the moment. My hometown is Karki, Honnavara. I am studying in 7th grade at Federal Public School
My favorite subject is Biology. I try to cope up with studies and painting. 
My parents support me a lot in all my interests. Father is a senior technician at Cometec EF Data and my mother is a homemaker. 
My other interests include photography, creating short animated films.

Title: Indian Tiger
Medium:Acrylic On Canvas (14x18 inches)
Reference Image: Vipul ramanuj
 
Prasad: As there will be a role model for everyone's life, who is such one person who really inspired
you to follow your passion?
 
There is no one person who inspires me. My father has always been my inspiration.
He is the one who led me into creative art. My grandfather is also a fantastic artist. 
It’s been in our family for years now.
 
Prasad: Great to know you are from a family of artists. Why and how you were inspired in following your passion of art?
 
Painting lightens my mood. Whenever I sit near the easel, it automatically drags me to end up painting something on the canvas. 
My father has always been supportive of my art! 
 
Prasad: What are your plans for the future? 

I shall complete my education, and I dream to be a successful, well-known artist.


Title: Orangutan
Medium:Pastel On Paper (8.3 x 11.7 inches)
Reference Free Reference Photos


Well, that was a quick glance through Ganesh’s journey and I wish him a brilliant future ahead. 

You may follow his work on his social media platforms below. 

Comments

HI Prasad - I enjoyed your interview with Ganesh. He is already an extremely good artist. I hope he on with his art!
Hi Kathryn, glad you enjoyed the interview, it is great to see young artist interested in nature art! I too hope he carries on with it!